We are now running our short courses offering a range of different activities each month. Each ‘term’ we put together a schedule of seasonal activities which you can book on to but we can also offer bespoke courses for groups and can even come out to your venue. Details of ALL of our current courses programme, booking and course information are on our Courses and events page. Follow our blog or facebook page to receive updates on courses and events. You can view our events calendar here: Calendar
We can offer half day, full day and two day courses in a wide range of horticultural topics and countryside crafts including those listed below, if you are interested in any of our topics and wish to request a date to suit you and/or a group of friends see ‘Bespoke courses and Group bookings’ below the list;
- Willow weaving – from small projects such as bird feeders and lanterns to baskets and garden structures. We also use willow to create animal and bird sculptures. For more information and a list of our current willow courses click HERE
- Pruning – a mixture of theory and practice in specialist pruning techniques to learn how to establish and care for your orchard trees, ornamental trees and shrubs
- Chicken wire sculpture – make a unique garden sculpture to take home from beginners projects such as a hedgehog to more advanced projects such as a pheasant, chicken, cockerel, owl or duck.
- Greenwood crafts– use a traditional pole lathe to make lovely pieces out of green wood, starting from beginners projects such as a garden dibber or string-line to stools, chairs and other decorative items.
- Coppice crafts – learn the traditional art of coppicing and make decorative plant supports, gates, fence panels out of woven and cleft hazel and willow.
- Plant propagation: offering basic propagation such as ‘success with cuttings’, growing vegetables and herbs from seed to advanced techniques like grafting where you will learn to graft your own apple tree
- Horticulture – including topics such as Botany, Plant identification, Soil science, Organic gardening principles and Plant knowledge
- Garden design – learn the principles of garden design and planting plans and create a design for your own garden
- Eco printing and natural dyes – create beautiful and unique fabrics using leaves, petals and fruits for dying and printing. Create funky prints using rust dying techniques
- Stained glass – from early 2019 we will be offering beginners courses in stained glass art, we also offer bespoke coaching sessions to help you to design and create your own stained glass window
- Growing herbs and tisanes – learn the basics of growing culinary and medicinal herbs and blends for herbal teas
- Looking after our garden tools; servicing and sharpening your garden and workshop tools
Bespoke courses and Group bookings: Please get in touch with us using the contact form or email us at email@example.com if you want to find out more about any of our courses or what we can offer your group.
Individual bookings: You can book onto a course individually by using the ‘buy now’ button on the individual course posts. The payment is made through Paypal which is a secure payment method and it monitors the numbers booked onto each course. You do not need to have a Paypal account to do this, card payments are also accepted.
If you prefer to pay by cheque then please email us to check availability and we will send you a booking form.
Cancellations: If you have booked onto a course and later find you cannot attend then we can offer a refund if you give us at least one weeks notice – (this is because we have to buy in and prepare materials). If you cancel with less than a weeks notice then we will offer you a voucher to the value of the cancelled course fee which you can use to book onto a future course (minus the cost of any materials that we are unable to reuse). For all willow courses we will need full confirmation of your booking including a deposit or full payment at least 10 days before the date of the course because the willow is expensive and difficult to source and we have to start preparing it a full week before use. For cancellations within 7 days of willow courses we will have to recover the cost of the willow.
If, for any reason we have to cancel a course then we will offer an alternate date or full refund.
What personal information we collect and why we collect it: In order to be able to conform your booking onto a course we need to know your full name, address, email and telephone contact details. This is because we need to be able to send you information about the course, how to prepare for the course and how to find us. We may also need to send updates and in the event of a cancellation at short notice we need to be able to contact you by telephone or email.
We also need to collect personal information that relates to your health and safety while attending one of our courses. This includes specifically any food intolerances or dietary requirements and any health issues that may affect your ability to carry out the activities on the course safely (for example of you suffer from epilepsy or carry an EpiPen). This is so that we can carry out an accurate risk assessment and put provision in place to ensure your comfort and safety at all times while attending a course. We also ask for emergency contact details in case of any accident or sudden ill health while you are attending the course.
We do not collect any financial information from you.
We do not share your information with anybody except any relevant medical information that may be necessary following an accident or medical emergency. This will only be given to the medical personnel attending.
We keep your booking form on file for 12 months for reference purposes (for our business records) and they are destroyed after this period. If you do not wish for us to keep your booking form after the course date please indicate this when booking.