At Le Jardin Créatif we run a variety of half day, full day and two day courses in a range of different materials and ‘Garden Crafts’. During the restrictions that Covid has bought to us we have been mainly offering these courses for ‘Bubble Groups’ on request. We are now able to offer scheduled courses for individuals to book on to. You can view our calendar and find details of all of our currently scheduled courses with links to booking and course information on our Courses and events page.
We are developing new ideas for courses all the time and our range of courses is constantly evolving but below is a list of things that we regularly offer. If you are interested in any of our topics and wish to request a date to suit you and/or a group of friends see ‘Bespoke courses and Group bookings’ below the list;
- Willow weaving – from small projects such as bird feeders and lanterns to baskets and garden structures. We also use willow to create animal and bird sculptures such as a Heron, Highland Cow, Hare, Stags head. For more information and a list of our current willow courses click HERE
- Pruning – a mixture of theory and practice in specialist pruning techniques to learn how to establish and care for your orchard trees, ornamental trees and shrubs – these are seasonal and generally carried out in late winter.
- Chicken wire sculpture – make a unique garden sculpture to take home from beginners projects such as a hedgehog to more advanced projects such as a piglet, pheasant, chicken, cockerel, owl or duck, or our popular flower sculptures such as the Alliums and Dierama flowers.
- Greenwood crafts– use a traditional pole lathe to make lovely pieces out of green wood, starting from beginners projects such as a garden dibber or string-line to stools, chairs and other decorative items, these workshops are seasonal and run in autumn and are subject to availability of materials.
- Coppice crafts – learn the traditional art of coppicing and make decorative plant supports, gates, fence panels out of woven and cleft hazel and willow. (also seasonal)
- Plant propagation: offering basic propagation such as ‘success with cuttings’, growing vegetables and herbs from seed to advanced techniques like grafting where you will learn to graft your own apple tree
- Horticulture – including topics such as Botany, Plant identification, Soil science, Organic gardening principles, Vegetable growing and Plant knowledge
- Eco printing and natural dyes – create beautiful and unique fabrics using leaves, petals and fruits for dying and printing. Create funky prints using rust dying techniques
- Stained glass – We offer a half day workshop to make a garden ‘Suncatcher’ and a two day beginners courses in stained glass art where you learn the traditional techniques to make a leaded glass panel. We also offer bespoke coaching sessions to help you to design and create your own stained glass window
- Growing herbs and tisanes – learn the basics of growing culinary and medicinal herbs and blends for herbal teas
- Looking after our garden tools; servicing and sharpening your garden and workshop tools
- Metal work we offer tuition making small garden sculptures out of metal – please get in touch to arrange a bespoke workshop session. Find out more here: METAL ART
Bespoke courses and Group bookings: Please get in touch with us using the contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to find out more about any of our courses or what we can offer for you or your group.
Individual bookings: For the time being we are not taking online bookings because we have to manage numbers very carefully, to enquire about booking onto a course or to request a particular course please use the contact form or email us at: email@example.com
Cancellations: If you have booked onto a course and later find you cannot attend then we can offer a refund if you give us at least one weeks notice – (this is because we have to buy in and prepare materials). If you cancel with less than a weeks notice up to 48 hours before the course begins then we will offer you a voucher to the value of the cancelled course fee which you can use to book onto a future course (minus the cost of any materials that we are unable to reuse). If you cancel with less than 48 hours of the start then we have to retain the deposit to cover lost revenue and materials. For all willow courses we will need full confirmation of your booking including a deposit or full payment at least 10 days before the date of the course because the willow is expensive and difficult to source and we have to start preparing it a full week before use. For cancellations within 7 days of willow courses we will have to recover the cost of the willow.
If, for any reason we have to cancel a course then we will offer an alternate date or full refund.
What personal information we collect and why we collect it: In order to be able to conform your booking onto a course we need to know your full name, address, email and telephone contact details. This is because we need to be able to send you information about the course, how to prepare for the course and how to find us. We may also need to send updates and in the event of a cancellation at short notice we need to be able to contact you by telephone or email.
We also need to collect personal information that relates to your health and safety while attending one of our courses. This includes specifically any food intolerances or dietary requirements and any health issues that may affect your ability to carry out the activities on the course safely (for example of you suffer from epilepsy or carry an EpiPen). This is so that we can carry out an accurate risk assessment and put provision in place to ensure your comfort and safety at all times while attending a course. We also ask for emergency contact details in case of any accident or sudden ill health while you are attending the course.
We do not collect any financial information from you.
We do not share your information with anybody except any relevant medical information that may be necessary following an accident or medical emergency. This will only be given to the medical personnel attending.
We keep your booking form on file for 12 months for reference purposes (for our business records) and they are destroyed after this period. If you do not wish for us to keep your booking form after the course date please indicate this when booking.